Friday Finds #1

Jun 23, 2012

| | |
In the final minutes of my Friday, I've decided to do my first event (...thingy)! Today I visited the library with my friend and checked out four books.

Friday Finds is hosted by MizB. Go check out her blog!
FRIDAY FINDS showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

Thirteen Reasons Why

I've put off reading this book because it sounds horribly sad, but my friend said it was in a tie for her favorite book ever. I really hope this book is great, and I have a feeling I'm going to be in tears. It has a 4+ star rating on Goodreads, but some mixed reviews. 

The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)

I was seriously on the fence about reading this book because I think I will become easily frustrated by the main character. But if I don't like it, at least I didn't have to buy it. That sounds bad to say about a book I just picked up today. But still.

Me, the Missing, and the Dead

I'm so excited to read a book by Jenny Valentine. I've wanted to read Broken Soup for months now but the only place I can find it is online, and I don't have money for that. Until I get Broken Soup, this book will do. The story sounds so good, and sometimes its refreshing to read a book from a boy's point of view. This book sounds mysterious, suspenseful, and a little amusing. I can't wait to start reading it, and I hope it lives up to my expectations.

The Nature of Jade

Oh my gosh! Finally I will get to read this book! I'm assuming that the reason I could never find this at a bookstore was because it was so amazing that everyone bought the heck out of it. The plot and the characters sound so interesting and there are elephants, which are possibly my favorite animal. Sometimes I think I have some anxiety, so maybe I can connect with Jade, the main character. I want to start reading this book immediately after I finish a review I'm working on. Whee!

So now its officially Saturday where I'm at (but at least its still Friday in Colorado and the East Coast). Have a great weekend everyone! Also, if you've read any of these books, feel free to leave a comment telling me how you felt about them! 

3 comments:

The Headless Owl said...

Great book haul, Sydney! I loved 13 Reasons Why... I think most of the mixed reviews have to do with Asher's portrayal of suicide, but I didn't have a problem with it, so I'm excited to see what you think!

Lace and Lavender Hints said...

I just nominated your for the Liebster Book Award! Head on over to http://laceandlavenderhints.blogspot.ca/ to see your tag!

Sydney said...

Thanks Lauren! It seems like a lot of people don't understand why others commit suicide, but the thing is, its not for us to understand. I really hope I like this book (and have enough time to finish it before I have to return it :P). Thank you for your input!

Post a Comment